1.5 Cu. Ft. Bag
Turn your soil into a rich loamy paradise
The more enhanced your soil is the healthier your plants will be
The most important thing you can do when digging a hole to plant is improve the quality of the soil. It is your one chance to directly change the consistency, increase drainage, and add nutrients. It is simple but true adding organic matter and loam to the soil really will help your plants grow better.
Not all yards have the same type of soil so everyone doesn't need the same type of amendments. Some soils are thick heavy clay and need to be broken up with organic matter and some soils are sandy and need some amendments to help with consistency and reducing drainage. If you are not sure what you need come on in and one of our team members will help you.
- Mushroom Compost-Mushroom Compost feeds important nutrients to the soil, fertilizes, maintains moisture consistency during dry periods, loosens clay soil, adds organic humus, inhibits disease, helps build root structure and adds micro organisms. Excellent for new and existing lawns, flower beds, vegetable gardens, and really works well when mixed into pots.
- Sphagnum Peat- organic matter, providing excellent water retention without sacrificing necessary aeration. This unique blend enriches soil by providing humus, aerates and loosens heavy soils and binds sandy soils, adds body to light soils, and can hold many times its weight in moisture. Light fluffy peat is a must when planting rhododendrons, azaleas, and other plants that need an evenly moist well drained soil.
- Michigan Peat- Garden Magic Peat is screened for uniform consistency and adds nutrients to sandy soils and helps to break up clay soils. This dark reed sedge peat is perfect for top dressing lawns and gardens.
- Compost and Manure- Garden Magic Compost and Manure is an odor-free blend of natural organic reed sedge peat and composted animal manure. It provides a natural nutrient content, making it ideal for a wide range of plantings.
- Miracle-Gro Garden Soil- Enriched with Miracle-Gro® Continuous Release Plant Food to help get plants off to a great start and feed up to 3 months. A complete garden soil for outdoor, in-ground use. Ideal for annuals, perennials and all types of vegetables. Water-absorbent formula helps keep young plants from drying out. Improves existing soil to build strong roots. Contains rich organic ingredients, sphagnum peat moss and manure to improve soil condition and control moisture.
- Soil Wizard- Soil amendment helps retain moisture, lower soil pH, adds organic matter to improve clay soil, and is ideal for planting new trees, shrubs, azaleas, rhododendrons, hollies, boxwoods, and other evergreens.
- Soil Perfector- One application of Espoma Soil Perfector permanently improves the structure of any soil. Soil Perfector is made from a naturally derived, ceramic mineral that is kiln-fired at temperatures in excess of 2000º F. This process creates a durable, lightweight granule containing thousands of tiny storage spaces that hold the perfect balance of water, air and nutrients for an improved soil structure.
- Garden Gypsum- a natural, high purity mineral that provides valuable benefits to soils and plants. It loosens clay soils and helps improve water and air penetration, aids in minimizing salt damage to plants, helps promote root growth and maximizes fertilizer effectiveness, and is ecologically safe, nontoxic, nonburning; safe for plants, pets and people
Don't have time to make it into the store? We gladly take orders over the phone with credit cards, sorry no COD. Often we can get your order out the very same day you place it.